Popular Posts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Isaiah



I've been studying Isaiah since August through Precept upon Precept.  The depth of God's word never ceases to amaze me.  This week there were two verses that have been resonating in my mind and heart.


Isaiah 30:15 (New American Standard Bible)


 15For thus the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said,
         "In repentance and rest you will be saved,
         In quietness and trust is your strength."
         But you were not willing,


and..


Isaiah 32:17 (New American Standard Bible)

    17And the work of righteousness will be peace,
         And the service of righteousness, quietness and confidence forever.

From Isaiah 30:15
The idea of: REST=BEING SAVED and QUIETNESS & TRUST=STRENGTH go against every natural instinct I have.  This past week I would sing Jesus loves me with the children I get to invest in.  'We are weak but He is strong'.  Though a children's song the concept never changes.  Lord help me to dwell in this truth.

From Isaiah 32:17
I love the promise that God's Spirit brings.  Peace, quietness and confidence.  There is a woman that I am meeting up with from my church.  I see these things in her life.  Peace, a quiet heart because of her trust in God, and confidence in His promises.  What I long for, I am able to have access to.  Every day I get to see how God's work in the lives of men and women leads to the most restful life in spite of circumstances.

God longs to be near me.  Rest. Trust. Peace. Quietness. Confidence. Forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment