Popular Posts

Monday, January 10, 2011

Joy through discipline



Some things I find easy to be disciplined in: eating my daily handful (or two or three) of chocolate chips, preparing a meal for our family, exercising regularly so I can keep eating my chocolate chips, and setting aside time with my husband each night.  Some things I find more difficult to be disciplined in.  One of those things includes waking up earlier than necessary.  


But this year my husband and I sat down and decided that we wanted to wake up early to have time to read our bibles and pray together.  Some mornings that means getting up at 5:30.  For many of you I'm sure this is normal.  It's an adjustment for me.  Any thing before 6 doesn't seem humane.  


We've just started this schedule and I'm thankful we can do it together.  I'm thankful I have a husband who desires to know God more.  I'm thankful for the ways God speaks to my heart in the stillness of the morning before the sun declares the day.


I was recently reading one of my favorite blogs called Girltalk.  It's a mother and her grown daughters encouragement on life and being a godly woman.  The 5 O'clock club was something they started a few years back and they encourage others to join with them.  5:30 is pushing it for this gal for now so I'll start the 5:30, 5:40, 5:45 get up already club.


"The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart...they are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb." Psalm 19:8,10


It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment