Popular Posts

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Prison



About once a month I have a night where I can't sleep.  I used to get frustrated about it until I realized that I could use that time in unique ways.  One thing I love to do is to pray for people I know and love as well as for people I don't personally know.  


Voice of the Martyrs is a Christians organization that advocates for those who follow Jesus around the world and are persecuted because of their faith.  Their free monthly newsletter gives you specific ways you can advocate for those who don't have any one else to do so.  


The fuel behind the mission of Voice of the Martyrs comes from a verse in the New Testament.  "Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body."  Hebrews 13:3


Take a moment to join the be a voice network.  You can send letters to those in prison, write to government officials on behalf of the prisoners and much more all through the web site.


I was reading through this months newsletter yesterday.  I told Drew how much it strengthened my faith to see others joyfully suffer and continue to love their persecutors.  I want to remember these men, women and children as though I was there with them.  This is one way that helps me do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment