Popular Posts

Friday, February 25, 2011

More on Isaiah

Oh my heart is so overwhelmed with how much I want to share!  It will all have to be very quick because two little angels are sleeping upstairs and I have a very important date with a little guy and his bottle in 30 minutes:)  


Isaiah is the most quoted Old Testament book by Jesus - which I didn't know until last week:)  As I study the bible my understanding of how huge God is keeps growing!  Some times it feels like my brain is about to explode!  But really it makes the fact that He loves me that much more confusing and stunning all at once!  Oh wow!


Isaiah 40:5 "Then the glory of the LORD will be revealed, 
And all flesh will see it together;" 


John 1:14 "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."


Jesus is God's glory made visible.  What kind of a God is so kind as to come down to us so that we can understand Him?!!


These verses struck my heart this week:  Isaiah 40:10-18


10"Behold, the Lord GOD will come with might,
         With His arm ruling for Him 
         Behold, His reward is with Him
         And His recompense before Him. 
    11Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
         In His arm He will gather the lambs
         And carry them in His bosom;
         He will gently lead the nursing ewes. 
    12Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand,
         And marked off the heavens by the span,
         And calculated the dust of the earth by the measure,
         And weighed the mountains in a balance
         And the hills in a pair of scales? 
    13Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD,
         Or as His counselor has informed Him? 
    14With whom did He consult and who gave Him understanding?
         And who taught Him in the path of justice and taught Him knowledge
         And informed Him of the way of understanding? 
    15Behold, the nations are like a drop from a bucket,
         And are regarded as a speck of dust on the scales;
         Behold, He lifts up the islands like fine dust. 
    16Even Lebanon is not enough to burn,
         Nor its beasts enough for a burnt offering. 
    17All the nations are as nothing before Him,
         They are regarded by Him as less than nothing and meaningless. 
    18To whom then will you liken God?
         Or what likeness will you compare with Him?"


I was telling Drew about this and saying how I was amazed God has all understanding and thought of love.  Drew made a great point that God didn't think of any of it... He just is it!  A God who is loving and just for eternity past and eternity future- brain hurting again in and awesome way:)






God told people the world was round... I wonder when they forgot and started thinking it was flat? Isaiah 40:22
"It is He who sits above the circle of the earth."  
I thought that was so funny!








Another encouragement to trust and wait on the Lord: Isaiah 40:31


"Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles, 
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary."


Definition: To wait: to look for, hope, expect, to wait or look eagerly for.


Isaiah 41:9-10
I have chosen you and not rejected you.  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." 

Drew always reminds me when the bible says for it means because.  I love Gods "because".

No comments:

Post a Comment